Thursday 19 April 2012

YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE

Hi everyone, here is a layout Ive just finished using a sketch from SKETCHABILITIES  69.
Again, no pink in this one, Im getting withdrawal! Anyway, I first chose the background and other colours, matted my photos onto brown, blue then brown bazill cardstock,then scalloped the edges with scallop scissors. I adhered these, then handcut the large scalloped borders using a ruler template and inked the edges. Then I hand cut the brown and beige banners and inked the edges. I adhered these and added some lace. I die cut the title with a Tim Holtz alphabet and a sizzix alphabet. I added glitter and pearls to my flowers. I then die cut some butterflies and added glitter and pearls. I stamped a bird and birdcage and cut them out. I die cut the large heart (Tim Holtz) and hand cut the other hearts and matted them. I die cut some branches (sizzix) and added the date. Phew! I used a  song title from Stevie Wonder.

Sketchabilites 69

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carolanne! Thank you for your kind words on my blog. The bunting punch is by Stampin Up. I wouldnt normally spend so much on a punch but it is so useful for scrapping and for cards and I had already said I wanted it before I found out the price! Its the only thing I've ever bought from them so I don't have a regular supplier. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa-Jane, many thanks for that and great blog by the way, hope to pop by again soon. BFN Carole

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love the bright colors and all of the pretty butterflies!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketchabilities!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! Butterflies are just darling! Thank you for creating with Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work!!! Love all the butterflies and your fun layered banner!! You did a fantastic job with the Sketchabilities sketch, thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.