Wednesday 16 May 2012

MUDEFORD

Morning all scrappers, here is a layout I have just finished using a sketch from STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES for my inspiration.
I love pink and yellow together so thought this would be perfect for my photo. The backing paper is from Prima I think. So, first I chose my cardstock and colours and matted my photo and made a border from a scalloped edge ruler. I then matted my doilies in pink Bazzill and layered everything up as per the sketch, that I have turned on its side. I cut out some butterflies from the background cardstock, you can just make out three of them. (I used the middle of the cardstock from under the photo so I didnt have to cut into a fresh sheet). I then used my sewing machine to stitch around parts of the layout with white thread. Then it was time for the best bit, to decorate. I hand made the large yellow flower from a Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die, inked the edges, sprayed on some glimmer mist, added a hand made pearl centre and curled up the edges for a more realistic look. I will put a tutorial up soon. I added lots more pink and yellow flowers and die cut some small green fronds. I adhered some pearls and a die cut title. Hope you like it and give it a go. See sketch below.

FOR SKETCH CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/

8 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous! love your flowers and the colors you used....very stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! Love the papers and colors you chose. Works great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you flipped the sketch! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on our sketch and loving those colors & flowers..
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at sous
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and I love the flower cluster!! The colors are so vivid! I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole! your take on the sketch is GORGEOUS!!! I agree, I just love the combination of yellow and pink together!! Your bloom clusters are so beautiful!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!!!!
    This is SO pretty and the handmade bloom is perfection!!!!!
    I'm so excited to see this, love how you rotated the sketch to
    fit, very smart!!!!
    Glad as always to come by!!!!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty....love your color choice too! Awesome work..Thanks for playing along at SOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.