Tuesday 8 May 2012

MUM

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Bank Holiday. Today my layout was inspired by a sketch from ONCE UPON A SKETCH. For this one I used paper from Prima from the Sparkling Spring Collection for my background. I chose pink, white and brown for this layout. I matted my photo in pink Bazzil and started to layer up my papers by first ripping and tearing them. I chose some music paper and some script paper. I also used some paper that I made using a Prima brick mask and homemade Gesso. You can just see it. I stuck down my first layer of script paper  and then stitched around the edge in brown. I used a doily punch for the pink border. I then painted a chipboard clock frame by tim holtz and stuck this down. I added some Prima flowers to the clock and some die cut swirls. I added a pearl flourish and a Tim Holtz die cut heart with wings. I die cut the banner and added a pearl string for the bunting. I added some journaling entitled The Mothers Psalm and die cut the title. The sketch is below.


ONCE UPON A SKETCH May
http://www.onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com/

the journaling reads:

THE MOTHERS PSALM
The Lord is my co-pilot, I shall not rush
He maketh me to hit all the green traffic lights.
He leadeth me through shopping hassles.
He restoreth my composure.
He giveth me strength to make ends meet for my familys sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of laundry, I will fear no evil,  for Thou art with me.
Thy perspective and sense of humor, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me with the assistance of takeout.
Surely clutter and confusion shall follow me most of the day' s of my life, but I shall dwell in a happy home forever. Amen


7 comments:

  1. wonderful take on the sketch...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous page
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning photo and love the pops of black against the pink. Great page. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant page. Love your poem,too!

    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely journaling and a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing. Love all those swirls. Looks so elegant. Thanks for sharing it with us at Once Upon a Sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.