Friday 1 June 2012

THE COURTYARD



Morning all - here is a layout I have just finished for a sketch challenge over at SOUS. Sketch is below.
For this one I chose green from the floor surface and yellow from the photo and I just followed along with the sketch. If you want a quick page then this is the one for you. It took about an hour. So my background paper is from Prima, then I cut down some green bazzill to 10 x 10 inches and adhered that. I added my doilies and matted the photo in the green Prima that I gutted from the backing peice. I then added my flowers and vines and dragonflies and a Prima butterfly. The title box is also Prima.

To make the vine.
You will need -
 green or brown floral tape
florist wire
florist twine
leaves on stems
small flowers on stems
So I started at the top and worked down adding a little at a time and twisting the tape as I went.










http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/

7 comments:

  1. Your sprays of flowers are just gorgeous! I love the soft color palette. It really lets your photo stand out well! Thanks so much for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just AWESOME!
    I've actually never tried making anything like that before...but
    I can see why, I always love those added to pages!
    great page as always and FUN photo!!!!!
    hope you have a really wonderful weekend!!!!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job using the sketch. Love your vines ... they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. great take on our sketch.. Your layout turned out beautifully and what an added bonus, a cute tutorial. love making my own vines, they are so much fun..
    thnx for playing along with us over at SOUS
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroleanne.....you flowers are amazing..this is just gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take on the sketch and I love the flower spray!!Thanks for joining us at SOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout!!! Love the colors and your flower cluster is amazing!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.