Friday 15 June 2012

FUNNY GIRL

Morning all and thank goodness its nearly the week end.
Here is a page I have just finished, using a sketch from Creative Scrappers for my inspiration.
Also I am entering this into a challenge at the Flying Unicorn.
The challenge is to scrap  a layout using a rolled paper technique, one other technique and layers.
My extra technique is cutting out or fussy cutting. The border is hand cut from the Prima paper.
So, first I chose my cardstock and pretty paper, I was happy to include pink!  Then I cut  half an inch off my tan cardstock and distressed the edges, wet the edges with water and rolled them in. I cut about 2 inches off the pretty paper and did the same. Then I matted my photos from the pink cardstock that I removed  from the centre (gutted) of the backing card. I layed these down as per the sketch and then cut out my border. I then decorated with some mini roses and a pink carnation. I added a small hidden journaling block and one of my stickpins. The title is from some Websters stickers and so are the two mini borders at the bottom. Why not give it a go, this one didnt take long at all, about an hour. Have fun and happy scrapping. BFN

Sketch 212 - Creative Scrappers
http://creativescrappers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/sketch-212.html
For the Flying Unicorn challenge see here----
                                                                      Rolled edges challenge

4 comments:

  1. she is so adorable and this is just gorgeous Caroleanne :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun photos to scrap with!! Love the paper rolling - might have to give this a go! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty page- great photos for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty and I love your take on the CS Sketch! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.