Monday 8 October 2012

WE'll DO IT TOGETHER


Hi everyone, hope you all had a great week end. This is what I did on Saturday!
This layout was inspired by a sketch from Once Upon A Sketch - October and a challenge over at the Flying Unicorn to use black, red, a chippie and no pretty papers. So here is how I did it;
I matted my photo in some red bazzill cardstock and used the red for the background.
I then used a template to cut out my black card and used a white sakura gell pen to put the faux stitching on.
I adhered this to the red background card and cut out two other matts, one in white and one in red.
I used a Prima brick stamp and stamped on two peices of white card-stock and adhered these to the corners of the red card matts.  I adhered all this to my black shaped card and added the matted photo.
I then die cut some chipboard and cardstock using a tim holtz clock die and stuck these down. I added the clock hands with a carnation brad.
I filled in the centre of the clock with white flowers. I added more white flowers to the opposite side and added pearls.
I made a small vine & added some green leaves. I added two little buttons and three mini roses.
I then attached a black zip with glue. I have been wanting to add a zip to a page for ages as I have a box full of them and it just seemed to work here. I added the title using a sticker and thats it  page done.
See details below.


http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/october-challenge-meet-our-guest.html
Scrappy Stash
Red white and black bazzill cardstock
Large scalloped template
Prima brick stamp
Flowers
Pearls
Black zip
Leaves
Tim Holtz clock die
Black carnation brad
Two small white buttons

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Carole!!! love the colors, the clusters and the lovely pic!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-catching page Caroleanne.. love the colour palette and pretty flower clusters!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful lay-out. Your way of layering is simply wonderful. The zipper is a perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful page ! these flowers are just gorgeous here !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red and black is always such a striking combo, makes any photo stand out really wonderfully! Thank you so much for sharing your page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo fabulous!! Gotta love those colors, just so bold and eye catching. Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page with perfect color combi! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page, love the bold colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors beautiful - - thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.