Friday 10 May 2013

HAPPY THOUGHTS


HI everyone, I havnt posted in a week as Picassa has been playing up and I havnt been able to load anything up!!
Anyway, this is my latest layout, using a sketch from Scrap That for my inspiration.
http://scrapthat.ning.com/forum/topics/may-spring-into-may-kit-sketch-challenge


So this is what I did.
First I chose my papers and embellies.
Then I matted my photos, and distressed the edges of the mats.
Next I cut down my pretty paper to 11x11 inches.
I adhered this to my background cardstock.
I added a doily, which I matted.
I added  my matted photos.
I then made a scalloped border using a scallop edged ruler.
I added this and a couple more border strips.
I made two butterflies and beaded pins for the bodies.
I made lots of flowers using mulberry paper.
I made a little bird using a Martha Stewart clay kit.
I started to decorate with my flowers etc.
I then die cut some swirls and added these.
I die cut some branches and added these.
I added my butterflies, a tag with the date, fibres and pearl string.
I then made a little split in the top, curled the edges back and added a piece of doily, a cameo and a little flower.
I then added a sticker title and some blue ric rak.
I hope you like it and give it a go.
 
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty papers
White doily
Distressing tool
Scallop edge ruler
Mulberry paper
Assorted flowers
Butterflies
Beaded pins
Martha stewart clay bird from kit
Tim Holtz flourish die
Tim Holtz pine cone die
Funky fibres
Pearl string
Blue ric rak
Cameo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.