Friday 7 June 2013

STUCK ON U SKETCHES DESIGN TEAM REVEAL - June 7th - HATS


Hi everyone and WELCOME TO THE STUCK ON U SKETCHES DESIGN TEAM REVEAL.
SKETCH DESIGN BY SANDI CLARKSON

http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/
 
For this sketch I decided to cut my photos into rectangles.I used the pink from Jessies hat for my colour scheme. I have to say I struggled with this one a bit as I am not used to white space!!!! I feel the need to fill it all up! Anyway, this is what I did-
I used some pretty papers which I fussy cut and matted in pink and then brown.
I attached  these to some pink cardstock which I cut down to 11x11 inches.
I attached this to neutral coloured cardstock that I cut down to 11.5 x 11.5 ins.
I attached this to my 12x12 pink cardstock.
I tucked some rectangle doilies underneath opposite sides, added my photos and started to decorate.
I added lots of flowers, a little clay bird on a branch, mini roses, butterflies and one of my beaded pins. 
I also attached some white twine across the centre to bring the page together. (The need to fill?).
I added my sticker title and there you have it.

Do give this a go and dont forget to visit all the other designer blogs for more inspiration.
Have fun and happy scrapping. Bye For Now.

SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty papers
White rectangular doily
White twine
Beaded stick pin
White Martha Stewart Clay Kit bird on a branch
Assorted flowers
Butterflies
Sticky back pearls

7 comments:

  1. So wonderfully elegant! Just a beautifully done layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done !!! this is a great take on the sketch & I love the photos .. hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carolanne...just popped by to have a peek at yours, & to thank you for the lovely comment you left...hope you do do the 'lift'.....sounds a fun challenge!! Did you see The Studio Challenges idea where one of their DT does a lift on the next person in the chain? I'd never seen it done before. I found it fascinating!! Anyway, I ramble....your DD, she is GORGEOUS...you do such lovely pages with her in them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the sketch Carole, so elegant, and what beautiful photo's to work with. Love the papers and your use of laced twine - gorgeous... HugZ xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.