Sunday 15 December 2013

ANOTHER MIXED MEDIA BACKGROUND PAPER TUTORIAL


Hi everyone hope you are having a great week end.
Today I have just finished another layout where I made my own background using mixed media.
I think I could be addicted to this, it is great fun, I have put down the steps I used and next time I will do a photo step by step, the light is so bad at the moment - it always seems to be dark! I need a sunny day for some good photos.
Anyway scroll down for a step by step.
I have entered this into a challenge at Berry 71 Bleu
 here http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/december-challenge-joy.html
Its their December Joy Challenge.
Its a great challenge and reminds us that we have lots to be thankful and joyful about. That's why I thought I would add in the Scripture that goes with this theme. My journaling is on the three circular ornaments and also on a hidden journaling block in the top left corner under the doily. Its about little Millie, who always seems to bring a smile to everyones face, she is a fluffy bundle of joy and everyone loves her. She always cheers you up if you are having a bad day and reminds us that life is sweet and precious.
I have also used the colours from C.S.I for more inspiration.
You can find them here http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-101-case-closes-on-december-15-2012
For their challenge, we had to use all of the colours, choose at least two elements from the Evidence list, I chose frames, silver accents, ribbon and Christmas accents.
For the testimony I chose to write about my picture on the layout and on my journaling block underneath.
 I have also used a challenge at INKIDO for more inspiration here http://www.inkido.blogspot.no/2013/12/welcome-to-december-challenge.html
 which is to use STARS or SNOWFLAKES. As you can see I have used lots of snowflakes.
I thought I would show you where I get all my inspiration. When you are not sure where to start, check out my list of Challenge sites to get your creativity started.
Anyway here are the instructions for a mixed media background.
Take a sheet of white cardstock and prime the surface with a layer of Gesso, make it messy.
Dry with a heat tool and start adding some texture paste using various masks.
Dry with a heat tool and spritz with misting sprays. Let each colour dry before adding the next.
Take some black ink and stamps, and stamp around where your picture will be.
HOW TO PUT THE LAYOUT TOGETHER
Now matt photo three times and distress the edges.
Add another distressed layer under this.
Add two doilies.
Add a journaling block.
Start to decorate with flowers,snowflakes,Christmas baubles etc
Add journaling and title block.
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Gesso
Texture paste
Black ink
White doilies
Assorted flowers
Assorted silver buttons
Bird, pine branch, snowflake dies - Sizzix
Hand made flowers
Green ribbon
Metal frame
Silver metallic snowflake brads
Blue fern studios packaging
Blue fern studios snowflake chipboard
Glitter
Aqua glass bead
Title - C.S.I Co-ordinates
Raindrops mask
Mini ceiling tile mask
Music and script stamp - Prima
Perfect pearls mists - sour apple and blue raspberry.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG AND LEAVING ME LOVLEY COMMENTS, I HOPE YOU COME BACK AGAIN SOON.
BYE FOR NOW.

6 comments:

  1. So pretty and that photo is priceless! Thanks for joining us at Inkido!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very sweet page. Love how you interpreted the challenge--you got it to a tee! Millie is so very adorable. I have a very special place for our pets since I have a dog of my own whom I consider a member of my family. Excellent personal touch to handwrite your journaling. Thanks for sharing your talent at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolanne...This is such a pretty page! I love the photo and the flower cluster! Thank you so much for including this in our challenge this month at berry71bleu...Will be in touch soon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I love how you tilted all the page elements and the color palette is fantastic. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty page, Carolanne! beautiful details and what a cutie doggy! Thanks for joining Berry71Bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally gorgeous design! The Inkido flowers are awesome on this page. Thank you for playing with us at Inkido :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.