Tuesday 1 April 2014

CHERISH THIS DESIGN TEAM REVEAL AND WINNERS OF MY MARCH BLOG CANDY (2 prizes)




 
Hi everyone and welcome to my blog and the CHERISH THIS - MEMORIES FOR LIFE DESIGN TEAM REVEAL FOR APRIL.
FOR MY INSPIRATION TODAY I HAVE USED THE COLOUR SCHEME AND PICTURE FROM CHERISH THIS.

JUST CLICK ON THE LINK TO BE TAKEN THERE.
http://cherishchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

I have entered this into THE COLOR ROOM challenge for April.
THE COLOR ROOMS

Here is my tag which I have hidden under the photo. It has my journaling on the back. This is Jessie ready for her Winter Ball.
 
I have also entered this into the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Flying Unicorn here http://flyingunicornforums.com/forum/topic/2772/page/1#216755

I have also entered this into a challenge over at berry71bleu to use your own hand made flowers. Love berry71bleu and this challenge is right up my street as I usually always use handmade flowers somewhere on my layouts. Click on the link below to see how.

http://theprettypaperpatisserie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/hand-made-flowers-tutorial.html

http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk/

HERES HOW
I have used black, yellow and white. I have used polka dots and stripes. I have used yellow flowers and the same title. I also used a small piece of chipboard to echo the light feature. 
I hope you like it and give it a go.

Matt photo in black cardstock.
Choose all your papers (5 layers) and rip and tear around the edges in various sizes.
Layer up as per my page and adhere to a 12x12 piece of white card.
Add your matted photo, use foam pads on two opposite corners from the corrugated card to stabilize.
Paint and glaze the chipboard piece.
Start to decorate with flowers, butterflies etc.
Use black ink and stamp in opposite corners.
Add the chipboard peice.
Don't forget to use a tag, this one is from Store 21.
Cut out and add the title.
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain white, black and yellow cardstock
Polka dot paper
Stripe paper
Black corrugated card
Butterflies here http://gb.pinterest.com/caroleanne345/butterflies/
Beaded bodies here http://theprettypaperpatisserie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/hand-made-stick-pins.html
Assorted flowers here http://theprettypaperpatisserieogspot.co.uk/2013/03/hand-made-flowers-tutorial.html
Chipboard - Kaisercraft
Black paint, crackle glue and embossing powder for the chipboard
Large flowers x 2
Script stamp and black ink pad
Two foam pads underneath photo
Hot glue gun for the flowers
Tim Holtz alphabet die
Small tag and black ribbon
Large black button for the yellow flower, from my button box.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST MY BLOG FOLLOWERS  WINNER FOR MARCH IS...EMMA P - plse leave me your addy here or email me for your prize to pac.wright@ntlworld.com
MY WINNER FROM THE CHERISH THIS PRIZE IS...
TORILL - plse leave me your addy here or email me for your prize.
Also if you could please leave me comments here to let me know you have claimed your prize in case I miss you. Many thanks from Caroleanne.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME, HAVE A HAPPY SCRAPPY TIME. BYE FOR NOW.



14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout I do love yellow and black together, very bold colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab take on this challenge! These are hard colors for me to use, so my hat is off to you! The tearing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! I love how you went outside your comfort zone but still have your lovely sense of romance and style! Thanks for playing along with HeArt and Soul/Color Room and Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color combo of yellow & black is fabulous as is the layering and all those wonderful flowers! Beautiful layout & excellent take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have totally rocked these colours with this beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at the Color Room. Hope we see you again soon. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page. Thanks for playing at Heart & Soul.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous :) thanks for playing at Heart & Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a striking color combination, love all your flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page and that colour combo definitely so stunning! Love the bright blooms...really very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the Colour challenge for the Colour room:) Love the elements on this page and the flowers are divine. Thanks for sharing and inspiring:) Mwah Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning page Carolanne! Beautiful flower clustering. Love the bright, yellow colors!!
    Thanks for playing with us at berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout...love the layers & your cluster of flowers. Thanks for playing over @ HeART & Soul this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page! I love the torn edges and the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page! Thank you for playing along with us at TCR and Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.