Monday 15 April 2013

SKETCHABILITIES DESIGN TEAM REVEAL - SKETCH #89

Hi everyone and welcome to SKETCHABILITIES SKETCH # 89.
I also entered this into a challenge over at Berry 71 Bleu - Flowers here http://berry71bleu.blogspot.ca/2013/04/april-challenge-flowers.html

I just loved this sketch and had great fun with all the layers.
To see MY BUILD A PAGE scroll down a bit.
This is how I put my page together.
First of all I chose my colours and papers.
Then I cut down my pretty paper to 11.5x11.5 inches and distressed all the edges.
I adhered this to my background cardstock.
I then added a large doily.
I  matted my photo twice in co-ordinating colours.
Then I started to layer up. I distressed all my layers and added some white paint to the cardboard.
Next I made my banners in cardboard, painted them and matted them.
I adhered these down, and started to decorate with my flowers etc.
I made lots of little flowers using my spiral method (see tutorial) SPIRAL FLOWERS HERE and made a few larger ones using some dies.
I made two medium size butterflies, stickled and inked them (see tutorial below), then using a hot glue gun, stuck them down.
I added some die cut branches, some fuzzy fibres and the die cut title.
Do go and check out all the other designers work for lots of inspiration.
Hope you like it and give it a go.

SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty paper by Prima - Nature Garden Collection
Caramel pretty paper by Basic Grey
White doily
Cardboard
White paint
Fuzzy fibres in white
Branch die by Sizzix
Butterflies using modelling paste, wire, stickles, ink and template
Assorted papers for flowers
Donna Salazar spellbinders Rose Creations die and Itty Blossoms die
Alpha die by Sizzix

HAND MADE BUTTERFLIES
Make a template by drawing around a butterfly you already have, I used a Prima one.
Cut out and ink the edges. Add stickles glitter glue.
Make a body using modelling clay, add stickles.
Take some wire, I used some cut from some mini roses on stems which I painted white.
Make antennae from the wire, glue to the reverse and there you have a pretty butterfly.

BAILEY BUILD A PAGE

take a pretty paper and cut off a half an inch all round. Distress the edges. Adhere to background card.
Add a doily.
Take another piece of card and distress the edges.
Repeat but cut down a little smaller.
Add another piece.

Add a mat to this.
Add your double matted photo.
Add a distressed border.
Add a layer to the border.
Add a scalloped border.
Add all the matted banners.
Add the title.

Add your flowers.

Add some branches.
Add butterflies.
 
PRIZE
Hope you enjoyed my tutorial and if you would like to win a pack of spiral flowers, just become a follower and leave me a comment to say so, then I will pick a winner at the end of the sketch challenge.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout, Caroleanne. Love the beautiful soft color scheme and the sweet photo. All the flowers are just so beautiful. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your build-a-page in detailed photographs. The page is stunning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already a follower and I'm so glad you shared your process, it's always nice to be able to see how pages are constructed so thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroleanne, this is gorgeous!!! And TFS the detailed layering!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty, I love the cluster of roses under the photo, and an adorable photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh this is just gorgeous..... I found your blog over at The Color Room.... you are very talented :) and your designs are so inspirational :)
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again.... I wanted to add myself as a follow not for the give away, but beacuse I truely love your designs, but I can't see where to add myself.... am I having a dipsy day :)

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI thank you so much for your lovely comments. I think I may need to bring the followers up a bit as they are a bit of a way down!!My bad as my teenage daughter would say!!!! Have a great day. BFN x

      Delete
  8. So beautiful and elegant! Love the cluster of flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.