Friday, 20 April 2012

ROCK ANGELS

Thank goodness its Friday!
Here is a layout I have just finished, using a sketch from STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES. I have also done a TUTORIAL for this one, so hope you check it out to see how I made the frame using cardboard.
So here is how I put the page together.
I wanted to keep the colours simple so chose cream, white and yellow from the photo. The background cardstock is cream Bazill. I then used a Martha Stewart doily punch and punched around the lacy paper. I then used some yellow Bazill for the centre background border and again doily punched all the edges. I then took 3 different sizes of doilys and inked the edges.  I adhered all these to the page and went off to make my frame. ( See my tutorial). I then stuck the frame down and die cut the title using my new Tim Holtz die.

STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES
April 13th


TUTORIAL FOR FRAME

Step 1
Cut out a peice of corrugated cardboard - 7 x 9 inches
Draw a rectangle in the centre for the photo - 4 x 6 inches






Step 2
Cut out the centre
Peel off the backing paper








Step 3
Paint all over with white paint











Step 4
Add a coat of ranger white crackle paint









Step 5
Add some distress paint or ink, I used gold












Step 6
When dry, decorate with flowers etc and add to your page.