Thursday 22 August 2013

OFF THE PAGE REVERSE CANVAS


Hi everyone, hope you are having an awesome summer.
I have been meaning to do a mixed media  shabby chic canvas for a while, and here it is.
I bought a 12x12 canvas and reversed it.
I painted all the edges with gesso and started applying loads of texture. I added muslin to all the edges, then lace and kept adding more gesso. When this had dried I added flowers, butterflies, die cut chipboard keys, locks, branches etc and painted all with gesso and fine texture paste. I then sprayed everything in three colours of glimmer mist. I  decorated a 12x12 page with doilies, flowers and funky fibres. I glued this to the centre of the canvas back.
I have entered this in to a challenge at http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk/ -  using textiles - August challenge.
Also flying unicorn challenge for mixed media, you can find here  http://flyingunicornforums.com/.
Hope you like it.
Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! The frame is soo pretty with all the flowers and textures and lovely photos on the inside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas! I love how you embellished the frame. Thanks for joining the August Textile Challenge at Berry71Bleu! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink edge to your canvas. The project looks so pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pink on the frame! Clever idea to flip the canvas and use the opposite side! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, I love that you flipped to create a shadow box! Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Aug Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the color pink!! So much lovely texture!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.