Friday 23 August 2013

KISSES FOR LALA - BUILD A PAGE




http://sketcheswithatwist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/this-months-sketch-is-fabulous-sketch-i.html

Hi everyone, I saw this sketch with SKETCHES WITH A TWIST and http://showusyourstuff.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/august-challenge.html 
I thought this was a brilliant sketch so decided to give it a go.
 Just click on the link above to take you to the challenge. 
 I  turned the sketch on its side. The twist is to use a safety pin which I have used to attach my title block.
I HAVE ALSO DONE A TUTORIAL BUILD A PAGE FOR YOU.
 
I have entered this in to C.S.I and the special Scrap 365 August challenge. 
http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-s535-1-special-scrap365-case-file-closes-august-31-2   

So many challenges, so little time!!! I usually only enter one at a time, so have gone a bit mad with this one!! I loved the colour combo at C.S.I and knew it would fit my photo perfectly. It just so happens that both the sketch and the colour scheme were doubled up this month. Just scroll down for the BUILD A PAGE to see how to put a page together using this sketch in ten easy steps.


 Step 1
Tear around a sheet of polka dot paper to 11x11 inches
Step 2 
 Step 3
 Step 4
 Step 5
 Step 6
 Step 7
 Step 8
 Step 9
 

 
Step 10


SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock - white, brown and light yellow
Polka dot cardstock
Doily
Twine
Butterflies with beaded bodies
Martha Stewart bird from paper clay
Blue and brown chalk ink
Assorted flowers
Funky fibres in white
Leaf
C.S.I papers.






5 comments:

  1. Hi Caroleanne, love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at SUYS! Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome .. love how you turned the sketch ... thanks for playing on SWAT .. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering at SWAT. This looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a darling page for this adorable photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those blues are just adorable. And what a fabulous take on the sketch.
    Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.