Wednesday 2 May 2012

PARTY ON

Good morning everyone. Here is my take on a sketch from STUCK ON YOU SKETCHES from 27 April.
I chose my papers first, going for the salmon colour Jessie is wearing plus brown and light aqua from the background.  Then I matted the photo and cut out all my layers. I hand cut the banners and matted them onto brown Bazill cardstock. I started layering up as per the sketch and took out my sewing machine to attach some of the peices. When everything was secure I made the doily lace trim from a regular 6" doily and tucked that underneath the border which I stuck down with foam pads to even out the lift. I die cut some hearts and inked the edges. Then I started to decorate with Prima flowers and butterflies. I die cut some small pine branches (punch bunch) and added the title and the journaling block. Hope you like it and give it a go.

Here is the sketch
stuckonyousketches.blogspot

5 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous ! LOVE your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful photo and you've scrapped it so well. The soft tones of color are just perfect and and I love all the gorgeous flowers and trim you used. So glad you decided to play along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I love the colors and pretty lace, your sewing is wonderful, and the flower cluster gives it such a Spring feeling!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh..this is awesome!
    First off, a GREAT photo!!!!!
    And just adore the colors and think this is a FABULOUS
    take on the sketch!!!!

    Love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color choice.. the pinks and greens are so yummy together.. this is an amazing take on our sketch..
    thnx so much for playing along with us girls over at sous
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.