Friday 12 April 2013

SOUS DESIGN TEAM REVEAL - 12 April



 
http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.co.uk/








WELCOME TO STUCK ON U SKETCHES DESIGN TEAM SKETCH REVEAL.

If you like doing double page layouts then this one is for you.
Do check out all the designers blogs for lots of inspiration.
This is how I put these pages together.
 
First of all I chose my colour scheme from the photo.
I used cream for my background cardstock.
Then  I added scalloped caramel cardstock on both pages.
 I matted my photos, and inked the edges with brown ink.
Next I started to cut out my layers as per the sketch.
Once the layers were down I added some white painted cardboard to the top and bottom edges on both pages.
I then added my matted and inked photos.
Next I started to decorate.
I used a Martha Stewart scallop shell punch and a shell punch from EK Success for the shells.
I added lots of bits and pieces to these pages including flowers, pearls, real shells, a piece of driftwood, stick pins, butterflies, buttons, clock face, and muslin. I also added a couple of die cut swirls and  die cut sign hangers that I painted, crackled and inked.
I hope you like it and have a look round all the designers blogs for inspiration and give it a go.
Have fun. Bye for Now. x

PRIZE
If you would like to win a pack of  scrappy bits and pieces, please become a follower and leave me a comment to say so, and I will pick a winner at the end of the challenge.
 
SCRAPPY STASH
Plain cardstock
Pretty papers
Cardboard
Scalloped scissors
Brown chalk ink
White paint
Martha stewart shell punch
EK Success shell punch
Flowers
Pearls
Shells picked up from the beach
Driftwood picked u from the beach
Muslin
Tim Holtz hanging sign die
Crackle paint
Sizzix swirl die
Prima clock face
Buttons
Lace
Stick pins
Butterfly die
Alphabet die.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks wonderful! A fabulous double!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the sketch! Very pretty layering and embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful 2 pager, Caroleanne!!! Great layers and so many yummy details!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great double pager Carole, loving the colour palette. Loving the shells and flowers and all the punch work. Great interpretation of the sketch... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate and love reading all your comments. Have a great day, Bye For Now.